Wire Mesh for EMI and RFI Shielding and RFID Protection
Wire Mesh is widely used to protect key equipment from ‘Radio Frequency Interference’ (RFI) and/or ‘Electromagnetic Interference’ (EMI). The earliest example of this would be a ‘Faraday Cage’.
Mesh can be supplied as rolls, cut to size pieces, or as fabricated parts to suit individual requirements.
There are many applications which use wire mesh for EMI/RFI shielding:
- Creation of Faraday cages around smart meters
- Military use, protecting battlefield tactic systems, communication systems, hand held computers, etc
- Securing test chambers, computer rooms, or recording rooms
- Signal jamming and NFC (Near Field Communication) blocking
- Preventing interference with medical equipment such as MRI machines
- Prevention of RFID (radio frequency Identification) skimming of items such as car keys, laptops, contactless bank cards, mobile phones
- GPS Navigation systems
- Stealth technology
Key benefits of using wire mesh for RFI & EMI applications:
- Easily formed to the correct size / shape to suit application
- Can assist avoiding the ‘Corona Effect’ (air around component becoming conductive)
- Excellent fire and corrosion resistance
- Available in numerous metals; Copper, Stainless Steel, Phosphor Bronze and Aluminium to name but a few
- An almost infinite number of specifications and open areas are available, manufactured to suit individual requirements.
Read more about EMI and RFI Shielding and RFID Protection